Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Pattern Review: Leila and Ben Sweet Dress

From the Archives of Sibling Revelry
7/8/2014
I think this was the first PDF pattern I sewed when I ventured back into the world of sewing after taking a pretty big break between kiddos.

*     *     *

I have set some sewing goals for myself:
1. Use up my enormous stash of fabric 
2. Actually use the patterns I have saved on my computer

I'm just going to bust them out.

Up first is the Leila and Ben Sweet Dress pattern in size 10.

I follow this cute pattern company on Facebook and when they enlarged their pattern to include sizes 6-10 they offered a few for free.  Older girls plus free pattern, yes, thank you.  So I finally made it up since Giselle was asking for a summer dress.

The pattern itself is very easy, since it's only 2 pieces--your typical peasant style. It went together as fast as can be with 5 children with constant demands.  So about 2 days...
The size 10 fit her well, I was worried about it being too tight in the armpits, and she doesn't like elastic on her arms, so the sleeves are a bit puffy because of it.  The sash we already had.  She wore it last Sunday to church and didn't take it off all day so it must have passed the comfort test.




She had me "curl" her hair right before taking pictures.  It lasted oh, about 5 minutes.  Poor girl has beautiful sleek perfect straight hair I would have killed for and only wants curls...


Dress for Elle √

No comments: