Friday, May 12, 2017

Sunday Picnic Dress by SewPony Vintage

From the Archives
11/7/2014



I am so excited to be a part of this blog tour for this adorable dress!


 I had so much fun sewing this dress up, and even though I've bought patterns from sewpony vintage, I hadn't sewn them yet (I may or may not have a problem when it comes to buying patterns--but who can resist their adorable vintage styling?)

I was so excited to picked as a tester, even though I was cutting it close because we were leaving in a few days for our house-hunting trip.  Luckily,the Sunday picnic dress is a breeze to create--even with a lined bodice and invisible zipper.  The pattern pieces are easy to assemble, instructions are very thorough, and pictures are very clear. I had it sewn up in no time.  And, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but in all my years of sewing, I had never done pockets.  Pockets!  I know.  But guess what, they are super easy and SO cute.



We were assigned the long-sleeve, collared view which was perfect because Giselle doesn't have very many Fall/Winter options.  I picked a smaller-overall, muted pattern for the fabric.  I wanted something mature and simple since she is the oldest size range.  I added contrasting cuffs since I am a sucker for contrast and cuffs.  Giselle didn't originally want buttons (they are just a design detail since the dress zips in back) but I liked my quirky cluster there.  This would be a great dress to showcase those fancy buttons!


The hem is the perfect length for movement and modesty--hitting just above the knee. 
 Giselle felt like such a lady in this dress.  

Today is the LAST day to get your very own Sunday picnic dress pattern at the discount price!  So hurry on over to either store and enter in code SUNDAYTOUR15  to save 15%.




 And for more inspiration and pattern views visit all these fabulous blogs participating in the Sunday picnic dress blog tour!
Sharing the day with me is (I am seriously in the big league with these ladies):
and
 Thank you so much Suzanne and sewpony vintage for another fabulous pattern!

No comments: