Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Pattern Review: E+M Patterns Girl's Dress No.15 Petitboo Indigo Dress

From the Archives
10/9/2014
E+M Patterns has consolidated with its sister company Petitboo!
This pattern is now the Indigo Dress.



I'm pretty new to the world of pattern testing, but I LOVE it. It's kind of like Project Runway, but less drama.  Indie pattern designers need people to sew up their designs, offer feedback and then photograph them.  Sewing, technical writing, photography.  Me, me, me again.

One of the first designs I ever tested was E+M Patterns Dress No. 13. I loved that dress from first sight, and what's more, I knew it was something my girls would wear.  See, I stopped sewing for them years ago because they are NOT ruffles and fluff kind of girls and that's mostly what I see in the home-sewing world.  But Dress No.13 is modern, sleek and a definite hit.

So when the chance to test Dress No. 15 (in knits) came up, I was so excited!  I knew Allison's patterns were clear, easy to follow and would have quality finishes.  This dress did not disappoint and is in fact Giselle's go-to outfit.  It's suitable for all seasons, sandals for warm weather, sweater,boots, and leggings for cooler weather. It's comfortable with the shirred elastic waistband and super cute with the adjustable shoulder ties.

We made both versions, one with the asymmetrical hemline (which I adore!) and one with the straight hem (which is Giselle's fave). Now, I shall overload you with pictures:

Please don't look too closely at the stripes.  I cut and sewed this at 1am before we left out of town.  They may not exactly line up...







I just love these dresses!  
For a few more days, you can get this pattern for $5--a super deal. Just use the coupon TOUR15. 
Find it at the official pattern shop or on Etsy.  

Then visit all the other stops on the tour and leave a comment so you can WIN this pattern + another one from E+M!


Here are the links to visit them all and be inspired!

So visit, comment, enter 
and sew!

No comments: