Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Pattern Review: Hiekka Skirt by Pienkel

From the Archives
7/31/2015

The Hiekka Skirt by Pienkel
A wonderful brand new pattern designer was in need of testers and when I saw the cute simple style, I signed right up!  Maddie had been wanting to do some modeling for me (and get new clothes!) so I checked sizes and she fit the children's 16. The pattern includes all sizes from 2y-16y.

 We headed to the store and she picked out 2 different fabrics because it's reversible! 2 for 1!

The wrap skirt is super simple to sew up--only 2 pattern pieces.  It would be a great pattern for beginners or teaching kids to sew--all of Maddie's Young Women's group would like to sew these for an activity.


 The original pattern has you make this nifty little opening for the ties.  


 She loved it so much that I sewed up a second one.  This one has shorter ties and a snap to hold it together.  I matched the snap to the fabric (I dare you to find it!) so it can be reversible too.  
 The pattern is very easy to follow, organized, and the printing went together perfectly. It's so fast--you can sew up 2 different looks in less than an hour! 

 It fits Maddie perfectly and she wears hers all the time!
I highly recommend this pattern.  It is so rewarding to sew clothing that fits perfectly and is well-liked.
  This one is a winner!

Get your pattern here: Hiekka skirt  on sale for a limited time!

No comments: