Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Pattern Review: Women's Dyyni Skirt by Pienkel


I'm being brave and posting pictures of myself here!

Remember the adorable Dyyni skirts I sewed up for my baby girl and big girls?  Well, now we can all wear our Dyyni skirts!
My friend Nienke came out with the women's version. It's a really cute skirt with either elastic or yoga style waist.  It's very light and summery. 


I made the largest size the pattern includes and I could have gone down 1 or maybe 2 sizes (I have a disproportionately large waist to my hips thanks to making 5 babies) because the skirt
 was a little too full around my hips and waist. 



I used one of my vintage sheets because the cotton/poly blend has a nice drape. I love the vintage feel of the design though. It's a circle skirt formed with 6 panels. There are also the options to do a top layer and even a top layer with a pulled-up gather.  The skirt hem is done with bias tape which makes a lovely finish. 





To celebrate the release of the Women's Dyyni Skirt, there will be a discount, using code DYYNILADIESLAUNCH, you will get a storewide discount of 50% (so that works on the other two patterns and on the bundles!) valid from Friday until Wednesday. 

That's a super deal because the other skirts are cute as well!

Go get it and sew up a whole bunch of skirts for summer!

Photo creds: Maddie

No comments: