Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Pattern Review: Honeydew Kisses Patterns Josephine Dress

From the Archives
2/19/2016

 Honeydew Kisses Patterns Josephine Dress:
It's been awhile since I did any pattern testing.  It's a process I love, but lately I've just felt like sewing what I feel like. But when I saw this call for testers, I knew I wanted to do this dress.  I already own the Seraphina dress pattern (not sewn up yet) and I knew HDKP specialized in beautiful, classic, vintage designs. 


 This dress is no exception: the pleats, the underskirt, cap sleeves, the lace trimmed bodice and the way the sash slides underneath--I love it all.  And of course, the Peter Pan collar gets me every time.  

I used some hoarded fabric and I truly think it's one of the prettiest dresses I've ever made.  I have another one half-completed too!

 The pattern is easy to read and organized. The instructions are terrific, including the pleats! And there's so many different looks just by alternating fabric combinations.
The pattern releases Saturday 2/20/2016 and will be on sale for a limited time!

No comments: